Skip to Content Scroll To Top
Law Department Services
List of services offered by the department
- To Appoint Advocate to appear on behalf of NMMC.
- To Brief Advocate alongwith concerned HOD for preparing Affidavits –in-Reply.
- To remain present in Court for hearing alongwith concerned HOD or his representative.
- To provide relevant documents to Panel Advocate i.e. site inspection, Notice & Photographs.
- To give Legal Opinion to concerned department of NMMC.
- To give copies of Court Orders to concerned department & Ward Officers for compliance.
- To file Criminal Complaints before JMMFC Vashi under PCPNDT Act & under Maharashtra (Urban Areas) Protection and preservation of Trees Act. 1975 (Mah. XL IV of 1975).
- To take Entry of New Matter in the Register of Law Department ( Supreme Court-New Delhi, High Court Mumbai, Thana Court & Vashi Court etc.)
- To give responsibility to Panel Advocate and pursue the matter till final decision.
- To make correspondence with concerned department for para-wise remarks.
- To make correspondence with concerned department after receiving Court Orders.
- To provide information under RTI Act-2005.
- To obtain reports of removal of unauthorized hoardings, posters & banners Under Defacement Act & submitted by panel advocate in Court.
Other activities handled by the department
Last updated on : 18/10/2016 17:10
- Consumers Grievances Redressal Forum, Kokan Bhavan
- Maharashtra State Consumer Grievance Redressal Commission, Mumbai AND
- National Consumer Grievance Redressal Commission, New Delhi